Ravenna city centre is largely a pedestrian area and therefore a LIMITED TRAFFIC ZONE (in Italian ZTL). You cannot access the area with your car without a valid permit.
Accesses to the Limited Traffic Zone are monitored by cameras that read the license plates of the vehicles entering and exiting the area, confronting them with the database of authorized vehicles. Unauthorized entrance entails a fine.
HOW TO AVOID PENALTIES
- Leave your car in a parking area outside the LTZ;
- Ask your host if the accommodation is within the Limited Traffic Zone. He may grant you a special permit for the access to the LTZ;
- Buy an LTZ Daily Circulation and Parking Permit. The permit is only granted to vehicles weighing less than 5 tons.
Enabled parking meters (24h) are to be found in: 1. Piazzale Torre Umbriatica (code 8); 2. Via Augusta, 2 (code 65); 3. Piazza Mameli (code 4); 4. Piazza della Resistenza (code 130); 5. Via Maggiore, 50 (code 28); 6. Crossroads between Via R. Ricci and Via Castel S. Pietro (code 30); 7. Crossroads between Viale Santi Baldini and Via Gradisca (code 120).
- Holders of parking permits for people with disabilities (or accompanying people) can freely access the LTZ. Make sure to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your license plate number and parking permit data (number, date of issue and expiry, place of issue), the date when you intend to drive within the LTZ, copy of ID document.
The remote control system controls the following streets:
1. Via Di Roma; 2. Via Guaccimanni; 3. Via Baccarini; 4. Via Rondinelli; Via Guerrini; 5. Via Cavour (entrance piazzetta Gandhi); 6. Via Ponte Marino
> From 7.30 am to 8.30 pm
1. Via Mariani; 2. Via Guerrini; 3. Via Matteucci
FOR FURTHER INFORMATIONMunicipal Police – Permission Department
Via D’Alaggio, 3 – Ravenna
Opening time: 9 am – 12.30 pm (Monday to Friday)
Tel. +39 0544 482937