If you don’t want to leave your pets home but take them with you, Ravenna and its pet-friendly beaches ideal destination for your holidays!
From Casalborsetti to Lido di Savio, you will find a series of pet-friendly beaches with services and facilities.
The coast features six stretches of completely free beach where you can go with your four-legged friends from dawn to sunset.
Furthermore, there are also many equipped beach establishments that allow access on their beaches to pets.
PET-FRIENDLY FREE BEACHES
70-metres-long stretch of free beach next to Bagno Overbeach
CASALBORSETTI / MARINA ROMEA
100-metres-long stretch of free beach between the Camping Reno and Romea Family Camping.
MARINA DI RAVENNA
80-metres-long stretch of free beach north of Bagno Ruvido
60-metres-long stretch of free beach north of Bagno Oasi
LIDO DI CLASSE
60-metres-long stretch of free beach north of the reef overlooking the mouth of the Savio river
LIDO DI SAVIO
40-metres-long stretch of free beach south of the reef overlookin the mouth of the Savio river
RULES AND CODE OF CONDUCT
In order to access the pet-friendly beaches in Ravenna, you must follow a series of simple rules that aim to safeguard the health of your pets and ensure a civil use of the spaces in respect of other guests.
- Access to the beach is exclusively limited to dogs recorded in the dogs registry;
- Dog owners are responsible for the well-being, control, and conduct of their animals and are responsible, either through civil or penal provisions, for any damages or injuries to persons, animals or properties caused by their animals;
- Dog owners must make sure that their dogs behave properly in relation to the requirements for co-existence with the other people and animals using the free beach;
- Dogs must be kept on a leash no more than 1.50 m in length;
- Dog owners must carry a rigid or soft muzzle to be fitted to their dogs in case of risks to the safety of persons or animals, or on request of the competent Authorities;
- Dogs are allowed bathing in the stretch of sea overlooking the authorized stretch of beach, but they must be kept out of water in the central hours of the day, indicatively from 11.30 am to 2.30 pm;
- All dogs must be kept on a leash until they enter the authorized stretch of sea and as soon as they come out of the water they have to be put on leash again, they cannot stroll or stay along the foreshore;
- Access to the area is prohibited for female dogs in heat;
- Dogs must be free of infestations of fleas, ticks, and other parasites;
- Dog owners must remove immediately any excreta produced by their animals, and for this purpose they must be provided with appropriate shovels/collectors, and place said excreta in the containers installed in the area for that purpose.
Infractions will be punished according to the law.
The Municipal Administration of Ravenna is freed from any responsibility for damage to persons or property which could arise.
PET-FRIENDLY BEACH ESTABLISHMENTS*
- BAGNO OVERBEACH – Via Stefano Ortolani, 1
- BAGNO ROMEO – Via delle Ortensie, 12
- BAGNO CONCHIGLIA – Viale Al Mare, 8
- BAGNO AZZURRO – Viale Italia, 18
- BAGNO ALOHA BEACH – Viale Italia, 117
- BAGNO SIRENETTA – Viale Italia, 101/103
- BAGNO GRAZIELLA – Viale Italia, 44
- BAGNO MARISA – Viale Italia, 85
- WAIKIKI BAGNO MARA – Via Teseo Guerra, 27
- BARBAGNO6 – Via Teseo Guerra, 35
MARINA DI RAVENNA
- ZANZIBAR – Viale delle Nazioni, 440
- PIRATA BEACH – Via della Fontana, 36
- DOLCE VITA BEACH CLUB – Via della Fontana, 54
- BAGNO ARCOBALENO – Viale Francesco Petrarca, 358
- SABBIA D’ORO – Viale Francesco Petrarca, 466
LIDO DI DANTE
- BAGNO DEL PASSATORE – Viale Matelda, 2
- BAGNO CLASSE – Viale Paolo e Francesca
LIDO DI CLASSE
- BAGNO 2000 – Via Emanuele Pessagno, 54
- BAGNO GO-GO BEACH – Via Bering Vitus, 105
- BAGNO KATIA – Via Emanuele Pessagno, 16
- BAGNO CAYO LOCO – Via Antonio da Noli
- BAGNO GUSTOFINO BEACH BY BAGNO VANNI – Via Caboto, 28
- BAGNO JAMAICA BEACH – Via Bering Vitus, 107
LIDO DI SAVIO
- BAGNO SAN FRANCISCO – Viale Romagna, 197
- BAGNO AZZURRO – Via Bagnara, 1
- BAGNO SALSEDINE 367 – Via Giovanni Marradi, 11
- BAGNO HOTEL PALACE LIDO – Via Giovanni Marradi, 12
- BAGNO LEVANTE – Via Giovanni Marradi, 369
- BAGNO OSCAR – Via Verghereto, 49
- BAGNO BANANA BEACH – Via Verghereto, 348
- HOTEL APOLLONIA – Via Faenza, 12
- BAGNO INTERNAZIONALE – Via Massalombarda, 365
- BAGNO LO SPIAGGINO – Via Ravenna, 2
- BAGNO KILAUEA – Via Ravenna, 4
* This list may vary during the bathing season.
There is a veterinary service active all year round.
The service is available in the weekends from Saturday (1 pm) to Monday (7.30 am).
Call the hospital, which will provide you with the number of the on-call veterinary: +39 0544 286125 / +39 0544 286126
For reports concerning suffering animals or wandering dogs, call the local police: +39 0544 482999