All the information you need about the care and safety of your four-legged friend on the beaches of Ravenna
For the bathing season 2020, the Municipality of Ravenna has designated six areas of the public beaches where dogs are allowed from dawn to sunset.
A 70m-long stretch of public beach, close to the south side of the Over Beach establishment
CASAL BORSETTI / MARINA ROMEA
A 100m-long stretch of public beach between the camping villages Reno and Romea
MARINA DI RAVENNA
An 80m-long stretch of public beach, close to the south-north of the Ruvido establishment
An 80m-long stretch of public beach north to the seaside resort Oasi
LIDO DI CLASSE
A 60m-long stretch of public beach, north of the cliff that lies across the outlet of the river Savio
LIDO DI SAVIO
A 40m-long stretch of public beach, south of the cliff at the mouth of the river Savio
The ordinance foresees a series of prescriptions aimed at securing the correct use of the area and, in particular, at ensuring on one hand the health and well being of the dogs and, on the other, at ensuring the safety and a correct cohabitation with the people and animals that frequent the FREE BEACH, as reported hereafter:
1. Access to the beach is exclusively limited to dogs which are recorded in the registry of dogs
2. Dog owners are responsible for the well-being, control, and conduct of their animals and will be responsible, either through civil or penal provisions, for any damages or injuries to persons, animals or property caused by their animals
3. Dog owners must ensure that their dogs behave properly in relation to the requirements for co-existence with the persons and animals using the free beach
4. Dogs must be kept on a leash no more than 1.50 m in length
5. Dog owners are obliged to carry a rigid or soft muzzle to be fitted to their dogs in case of risks to the safety of persons or animals, or on request of the competent Authorities
6. Dogs are allowed bathing in the stretch of the sea opposite the dedicated area, keeping him out of the water in the central hours of the day, indicatively from 11.30am to 2.30pm;
7. All dogs must be kept on a leash until their entrance in the stretch of sea and when they go out of the water they have to be put again on leash, they cannot stroll or stay along the foreshore
8. Access to the area is prohibited for female dogs in heat
9. Dogs must be free of infestations of fleas, lice, and other parasites
10. Dog owners must remove immediately any excreta produced by their animals, and for this purpose they must be provided with appropriate shovels/collectors, to place said excreta in the containers installed in the area for that purpose
Infractions will be punished, if the offence does not constitute a crime, by applying administrative monetary sanctions as set out in Art. 1164 of the Code of Navigation, paragraph 1 (from 1,032.00 Euros to 3,098.00 Euros), and paragraph 2 (from 100.00 Euros to 1,000.00 Euros).
The Communal Administration of Ravenna is freed from any responsibility for damage to persons or property which could arise. The right to use the areas may be withdrawn at any time under the inalienable judgment of the Communal Administration of Ravenna, either for failure to observe the norms set out above or for reasons of safety or the public interest.
FURTHERMORE… (in updating)
The following beaches of Ravenna have some specific areas for dogs and pets which offer their owners special services:
CONSULT THE MAP (in updating)
We remind you that this list may vary during the bathing season.