On 4 and 5 September, some of the most beloved artists of the festival are meeting in one of the most iconic places in Ravenna. They will colour te skies with the sinuous and captivating shapes of their kites, giving to everyone, little and old ones, fun with an eye to peace and sustainability.
Children will be the main guests of the two-day event Ravenna Imagin’aria, with the great didactic workshop “Dante’s Kite” (“L’Aquilone di Dante”), designed by Caterina Capelli and already chosen to become the special postage stamp of the Poste Italiane Philately collection for the 41st edition of ARTEVENTO.
Dante will be the source of inspiration for this event, especially the verse of Inferno «Then we came forth, to see again the stars», which wants to be a homage to the community and to the whole territory.
THERE’S MUCH MORE
In these two days, you will see le most beloved attractions:
- the “Giant” performance: a simultaneous flight of “soft” kites up to 30 metres long;
- the Artistic Kites: an exhibition of kites created by the most famous wind designers;
- an exhibition of Kites over history curated by Andrea Casalboni and Fausto Focaccia, among the greatest European experts in the field.
- Dedicated to Elisa, acrobatic kite flying performance to the rhythm of music, performed by champion and president of STACK Italia – Italian Acrobatic and Precision Flying Federation, Sara Rizzetto, in memory of Elisa Bravi, in collaboration with Linea Rosa and Una Panchina per Elisa.
- Giovanni Multiple Kite Flying Show, performance of the star of multiple acrobatic kite flying, which consists in making fly three acrobatic kites at the same time to the rhythm of music
- Homage to Medio Calderoni: in collaboration with the association Lucertola Ludens, you will see the work by Calderoni, the wind artist from Ravenna died in 2005.
WORKSHOP “Dante’s Kite”
For children from 4 years old. The workshops take place in the open air on 4 and 5 September, on four shifts:
- SATURDAY: from 11am to 1pm, from 2pm to 6pm
- SUNDAY: from 10am to 1pm and from 2pm to 6pm
If you want to enrol your children on the workshop, please send a WhatsApp message to 389 8723116, specifying: the shift, the name and age of the child and the telephone number of the adult that will accompany the child to the workshop.
On each shift, the children will be divided in groups and the meeting time at the entrance of the workshop will be communicated via WhatsApp in the two days before the event.
The children cannot be accompanied inside, adults can wait and watch just outside the workshop area, beyond the barriers. Participation is with free donation.
In addition to the event at the Park of Theodoric, on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 September, the kites of ARTEVENTO will continue to colour the sky of Ravenna with POP UP SKY GALLERY.
Two different locations for joy and lightheartedness with giant kites flying in the sky. On Saturday, the event will take place at the city dock with the suggestive scenery created by street artist Ericailcane; on Sunday, the event will be at the free beach adjacent to the southern dam in Marina di Ravenna.