Logo Progetto WaVe


progetto WaVE

Molino Lovatelli mill

The “old mill”, later known as Molino Lovatelli, already existed during the 13th century and used the waters of the canal coming from the Montone river, which lapped the city walls near the actual Borgo San Rocco. By using the driving force of water, it permitted the grinding of cereals for the production of flour or other raw materials. The open space in front of the building is evidence of the watercourse that powered the mill turbine. The mill was restored during Venetian times and rebuilt in 1654 and is made of two juxtaposed rectangular two-levels bodies of the building, a crawl space and a basis consisting of brick-built arches through which the canal once passed and that today are underground.

Edited by the local editing team

Last edit: 5 November 2021