Transmissions XIII - The Sound of Dante
Various locations - Ravenna
Dates: from 26/11/2020 to 29/11/2020
From Thursday 26 to Sunday 29 November 2020 Ravenna hosts again Transmissions, the festival by Bronson Produzioni dedicated to the most innovative frontiers of contemporary music that collects every year, in this city of Romagna, the best examples of international sound.
Reaching its 13th edition, this year, the festival aims at celebrating — starting right from the description The Sound of Dante — the Anniversary of Dante Alighieri's death, whose spoils are preserved here in Ravenna, offering a programme with a series of artists' creations in the places that inspired the Supreme Poet to end his Divine Comedy.
This year, the festival will be directed by the Italian Francesco Donadello, composer and Italian sound engineer living in Berlin, committed in the field of experimental music and of the soundtracks. He has been working for a while with Johann Johansson, Hildur Gudnadottir, Moderat and many others, Donadello has been recently rewarded with the prestigious Grammy Award for the mixing of the soundtrack of the praised HBO series Chernobyl.
Among the first names on the line-up list of Transmissions XIII:
• The American producer Laurel Halo, star of the Hyperdub stud (her debut album Quarantine has been elected album of the year 2012 by the prestigious English magazine The Wire);
• Lorenzo Senni, first Italian to be engaged by the legendary English label Warp, who, after his first EP 'Persona' released in 2016, has published in March his new album Scacco Matto;
• Chinese artist and performer Pan Daijing, one of the most appreciated young promises worldwide, author of the surprising debut disk Lack (Pan);
• Teho Teardo, musician and icon-composer of the post-industrial scene of the 1980s in Italy, and later collaborator of great names such as Cop Shoot Cop, Blixa Bargeld, Alexander Bălănescu, James George Thirlwell, and even author of countless soundtracks for the theatre and the cinema;
• Marta De Pascalis, very young Italian-German musician and sound designer, who will release in August 2021 her new album with the new Sonus Ruinae for the Morphine Records;
• The Columbian - based in Berlin - Lucrecia Dalt, returns for Transmissions, presenting his new album No era sólida, released in September for the New York agency RVNG Intl.
Transmissions XIII - The Sound of Dante aims at broadening, always in the respect of the safety measures protocols issued for the live performances, involving the whole urban fabric of the city of Ravenna and its different souls.
Beyond the main stage at the Artificerie Almagià, a suggestive space of industrial archaeology by the city dock, and at the MAR - Ravenna Art Museum, this year the events of Transmissions will take also part at the Classense Library and at the Luigi Rasi Theatre, which will be the site of the festival's special opening event "Canto Primo MIASMA - ARSURA", a performance specifically created on the occasion of Dante Celebrations (in collaboration with Ravenna viso-in-aria and Fèsta). The event has been organized thanks also to the unprecedented collaboration with Gruppo Nanou (one of the most interesting realities of theatrical research in Italy) and OvO (an excellent duo of the stage of the European indie noise rock and foley).
For further details and updates: www.transmissionsfestival.org
Edited by the editorial team
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified date: 05/10/2020