All the information you need about the care and safety of your four-legged friend on the beaches of Ravenna
For the bathing season 2018 - from 13th April to 28th October - the Municipality of Ravenna has designated five new areas of the public beaches where dogs are allowed from dawn to sunset.
A 100m-long stretch of public beach, close to the south side of the Over Beach establishment
A 100m-long stretch of public beach between the camping villages Reno and Romea
An 80m-long stretch of public beach north to the seaside resort Oasi
A 30m-long stretch of public beach, north of the cliff that lies across the outlet of the river Savio
A 40m-long stretch of public beach, south of the cliff at the mouth of the river Savio
The ordinance foresees a series of prescriptions aimed at securing the correct use of the area and, in particular, at ensuring on one hand the health and well being of the dogs and, on the other, at ensuring the safety and a correct cohabitation with the people and animals that frequent the FREE BEACH, as reported hereafter:
1. Access to the beach is exclusively limited to dogs which are recorded in the registry of dogs
2. Dog owners are responsible for the well-being, control, and conduct of their animals and will be responsible, either through civil or penal provisions, for any damages or injuries to persons, animals or property caused by their animals
3. Dog owners are obliged to provide shade for their own animals with equipment, and for providing clean water for them to drink and for washing if necessary
4. Dog owners must ensure that their dogs behave properly in relation to the requirements for co-existence with the persons and animals using the free beach
5. Dogs must be kept on a leash no more than 1.50 m in length
6. Dog owners are obliged to carry a rigid or soft muzzle to be fitted to their dogs in case of risks to the safety of persons or animals, or on request of the competent Authorities
7. Dogs may bathe in the sea in the area of water standing opposite the zone specified above
8. Access to the area is prohibited for female dogs in heat
9. Dogs must be free of infestations of fleas, lice, and other parasites
10. Dog owners must remove immediately any excreta produced by their animals, and for this purpose they must be provided with appropriate shovels/collectors, to place said excreta in the containers installed in the area for that purpose
Infractions will be punished, if the offence does not constitute a crime, by applying administrative monetary sanctions as set out in Art. 1164 of the Code of Navigation, paragraph 1 (from 1,032.00 Euros to 3,098.00 Euros) and paragraph 2 (from 100.00 Euros to 1,000.00 Euros).
The Communal Administration of Ravenna is freed from any responsibility for damage to persons or property which could arise. The right to use the areas may be withdrawn at any time under the inalienable judgment of the Communal Administration of Ravenna, either for failure to observe the norms set out above or for reasons of safety or the public interest.
The following beaches of Ravenna have some specific areas for dogs and pets which offer their owners special services:
Bagno Waikiki Bagno Mara | Via Teseo Guerra, 27
Bagno Go Go Beach | Via Bering Vitus, 105
Bagno Jamaica Beach | Via Bering Vitus, 3
Bagno 2000 | Via Pessagno Emanuele, 54
Bagno Katia | Via Pessagno, 16
Bagno Cayo Loco | Via A. da Noli, 57
Gustofino by Bagno Vanni | Via Caboto, 28
CONSULT THE MAP of the beaches and seaside resorts that allow access to dogs.
We remind you that this list may vary during the bathing season.
The Italian association Guardia Medica Veterinaria (Emergency Veterinarian Care), with the support of the Municipality of Ravenna, guarantees a Veterinary Emergency Service for all pets.
In case of emergency, call: +39 0544 286125 or +39 0544 286126, and you will be given the number of the veterinary on call.
The service is active on:
- Work days: from 8pm to 6am of the day after
- Pre-holidays and holidays: from 1pm of the pre-holiday
There is a fee to be paid for the service, according to the prices each Veterinarian applies.
Where it is not possible for an owner to move, there is the possibility of contacting the association Amici degli Animali, which displays a Veterinary Ambulance: +39 347 3550012
Edited by the editorial team
Contact us at: email@example.com
Last modified date: 09/08/2018