After the fall of the Roman Republic, Giuseppe Garibaldi stopped in Terni, Todi, Orvieto, San Marino and arrived in Cesenatico, where he embarked on 13 boats (bragozzi) with 250 men, determined to reach Venice.
Intercepted by the Austrians, he was forced to land 8km away from Magnavacca (near Palazza). He moved several times in the area and finally got to this hut, from which he was brought to Ravenna and then to Castiglione, Case Murate, Coccolia, Forlì, Tuscany and Genoa, thus managing to escape from the Austrians.
The hut was built in 1810 for hunting purposes, destroyed by fire in 1911 and then accurately rebuilt.
Until 31st March: every day 9am - 5pm
From 1st April: every day 9am - 6pm
From November to February
The hut is located at a 8km distance from Ravenna. It can be reached by driving through Via Romea Nord, following the signs for Porto Corsini and Marina di Ravenna. The hut is 200m away from the road sign "Capanno Garibaldi".
Edited by the editorial team
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified date: 11/04/2017