"Bluefish" are some varieties of fish generally of small size, of various shapes and shades of silver staining, largely present in the waters off the coast of Ravenna.
Among these are:
• The sardine, vulgarly called sarda or sardella, generally preserved in oil. Excellent in the months of May and June;
• The anchovy or alice (also called sardone) to be eaten fresh, fried or pickled. Excellent in the months of January and February;
• The papalina (called saraghina nearby Ravenna), sold fresh or salted, tasty breaded and baked. Excellent from April to July;
• The acquadella, coming from fisheries with padelloni located along the waterways leading to the sea, delicious floured and fried in vegetable oil. Excellent in Autumn;
• The mackerel, inhabitant of great depths, roasted, usually caught from May also with the hook. Excellent in the months of May, June and September.
Edited by the editorial team
Contact us at: email@example.com
Last modified date: 13/04/2017