Valeria Ercolani...segreti, donne, mosaici (Valeria Ercolani...secrets, women, mosaics) (Contemporary mosaics in Ancient Contexts)
Ravenna, Cripta Rasponi.
Giardino Pensili - Palazzo Provincia
Inauguration: Friday 8 June 2012
Date: 8 June - 5 August 2012
Event timetable: everyday 10.00am - 1.00pm and 3.00pm - 6.30pm
Valeria Ercolani lives and works in Ravenna. She has done her studies at G. Severini School of Mosaic Art where she takes up a very personal way of feeling in the art of mosaic.
So far Valeria has shown her own sensibility performing mainly abstract works full of strong emotional feelings. She never forgets she is woman, mother and artist deeply tied up to her hometown, as it strongly come up in this event where female figures, full of history, remind us of the mosaic details of our magnificent churches and peplum icons have been revisited with a fine, strict modern touch.
Valeria means to render homage to the origins of Byzantine Ravenna mosaic art, the "heart" of all contemporary mosaic art. The ardens and crypt create a "romantic" frame where Valeria's works - made of tesserae lightly hand cut and strongly enameled with rich and polycromatic paint - bring back the lights and the atmospheres from the past that seems to us less and less remote.
During the inauguration there will be present:
- Elsa Signorino, President RavennAntica Foundation
- Claudio Casadio, President Province of Ravenna
- Ouidad Bakkali, Councillor for Culture City of Ravenna
- Francesco Scardovi, Local Committee President of Ravenna
- Credito Cooperativo ravennate imolese
- Sergio Fioravanti, Director RavennAntica Foundation
- Linda Kniffitz, Curator CIDM and Director AIMC (Italian Association of Contemporary Mosaic)
- Paolo Racagni, Scientific coordinator of the project
Valeria Ercolani, mosaic
Full ticket entrance: € 2,00
Ticket reduced: Groups (minimum 15 people): € 1,00 - students: € 0,50
Pages by the Editorial staff
Editiorial staff e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified date: 09/07/2012