Built-in 1629 by Luca Danesi partly deploying some materials removed from Rocca Brancaleone, since November 2004 the Church of San Romualdo has been home to the Museo del Risorgimento (Risorgimento Museum).
Annexed to the building of the Classense library, the sanctuary hosts a collection of relics of the Risorgimento donated by the citizens of Ravenna who took part in the wars of independence and in Garibaldi’s exploits. The collection consists of weapons, uniforms, pictures and paintings, personal letters, and documents. Some of the documents have been collected by scholars of local history, such as Primo Uccellini and Silvio Bernicoli.
The exhibition is set up along the central nave of the church and follows a chronological order, starting from the Congress of Vienna up to the era of national unity.
The museum is closed to the public
Free admission. Only by booking
Alternative access solutions for disabled people
Located in the city centre, semi-pedestrian zone. Parking area nearby. Bus stop 50 m away
Edited by the editorial team
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified date: 14/09/2020