Porta Gaza is situated south of the town, near Via Circonvallazione al Molino. The first mention to the gate dates back to 1186, but its construction is probably more ancient. The structure we see today is the result of the restoration works carried out after the Second World War.
Porta Gaza is entirely made of bricks except for some marble decorations, such as the cornice of the attic and of the two lateral wings, the capitals and the keystone of the arch that shows the monograms of Jesus and of the Virgin Mary.
How to get there
The gate is located in the city centre, close to the cathedral, Neonian Baptistery, Oratory of Sant'Andrea and Archiepiscopal Museum. Bus stop in Viale N. Baldini (lines 2 and 5). Free car park in the surroundings.
Edited by the editorial team
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified date: 17/05/2018