Porta Adriana is situated between Via Cavour and Piazza Baracca, close to the city centre of Ravenna. In 1545, the gate was moved and rebuilt by Cardinal Legato Capoferro. The present construction dates back to 1583.
Two semicircular crenellated towers originally rose on both sides of the gate, replaced in the 18th century by two extant square bastions, projecting from the gate by about 20 metres. Next to the gate there is a roof garden.
How to get there
The gate is located in the city centre, close to the controlled traffic zone. Bus stop n. 1 in Piazza Baracca, paid car parks in Piazza Baracca and in Piazzale Giustiniano.
Edited by the editorial team
Contact us at: email@example.com
Last modified date: 17/05/2018