The Church of Santa Maria Maddalena is a small single-nave church situated in the city centre of Ravenna. It was designed by Camaldolese monk Fausto Pellicciotti and built between 1748-1750, perhaps on a former religious building called Santa Maria in Luminibus o in Luminaria.
Preceded by a small forecourt, the brick façade leads to a inner narrow space, adorned by a chancel and by numerous paintings, among which the altar pieces painted by Andrea Barbiani, one of the most important artists of the 18th century in Ravenna, and the decorations of his brother Domenico.
Everyday: 9 am - 7pm
The church is situated in the controlled traffic zone of the city centre. Bus stop 40m away. Car park 120m away, bus parking 40m away. Provincia Gardens, Dante's Tomb and Dante Museum in the surroundings.
Edited by the editorial team
Contact us at: email@example.com
Last modified date: 15/06/2016