The Church of Santa Eufemia is located halfway along Via Barbiani. It was planned by architect Buonamici, who had already designed the Cathedral of Ravenna, and built between 1742 and 1747 upon the foundations of a more ancient early-Christian temple. According to legend, this temple dates back to the first apostolate of Saint Apollinaris.
The central-plan building with three altars now represents the entrance of the important archaeological site Domus dei Tappeti di Pietra.
Every day: 10am - 6.30pm
Sant'Eufemia is situated in the controlled traffic zone of the city centre. Nearest bus stop: Via D'Azeglio, 50m away (route 1); car park in Piazza Baracca and Largo Giustiniano 500m away. Wheelchair accessible.
Edited by the editorial team
Contact us at: email@example.com
Last modified date: 05/04/2017